Until a few years ago, the kitchen was simply a place to prepare meals, but there was very little kitchen design that actually took place. What has changed in recent years? The designs have found a way to integrate family and friends, while including the latest trends in decor and technologically advanced equipment. Here are some tips that will help you adjust your kitchen design to make it more practical, stylish and a place for the family to share and spend quality time together.
* Use current trends as a guide, but also taking into account your personal taste and specific needs. The design of the kitchen should be an extension of the design of the rest of the house.
* Pay attention to the “work triangle”. This refers to the shortest distance between the refrigerator, stove and dishwasher. Easy access to these items will make the preparation of meals and the clean up process at the end of meals less stressful.
* Avoid cluttering the space in the kitchen with furniture and excess drawers. Evaluate how to use the space you have, as the need to leave space for pulling out drawers will absorb more space than you realize. Use small wall racks for hanging utensils and larger racks for hanging pots and pans.
* Ensure that your light sources are located at points that actually require lighting, and where shadows will not be generated.
* Be mindful of where your dishwasher and stove are placed in relation to the other components of the kitchen and other areas of the house. Stoves should be placed away from sitting areas to prevent splashing oil from reaching those who are seated; dishwashers should be installed where a water spill will not flow over into nearby rooms of the house.
What additional kitchen design tips do you have to share?