Sofa slipcovers have been around for decades. They are commonly used to protect the sofa from a number of different things that could potentially damage the sofa in one way or another. Other pieces of furniture commonly covered include chairs, recliners and ottomans. Sofa slipcovers are still popular, and are widely used by homeowners for a number of different reasons.
Here are a few reasons sectional slipcovers and sofa covers are widely used.
1. Children. Furniture in a house with children will not be spared from drink spillages, markers, crayons, pencils and paint. Slipcovers will help to keep some of those items that cause permanent stains away from the sofa fabric itself.
2. The Sunlight. If you happen to live in a tropical climate or your house is designed to receive lots of natural light from the sun, over time, you will notice that your sofa will start to get pale. This is due to direct exposure to the sunlight. To prevent this, use slipcovers to protect the sofa. Other alternatives include thicker drapes, or rearranging the furniture in the room constantly.
3. Soiling. Whether it’s hair products, makeup or dirty hands and clothes, soiling is inevitable. The sofa slipcovers will act as a barrier and help to protect the sofa from soiling. The slipcovers can easily be removed and laundered.
4. They are easy to use. Covering a sofa might require another pair of hands, but overall, it is quite easy to handle.
5. Diversity. If you like to change things around the house quite often, slipcovers are available in various colors, patterns and sizes. This will allow you to customize the furniture in the house to match a particular decor theme or season.
6. Affordability. Slipcovers are relatively inexpensive, considering how valuable and versatile they are. Instead of buying a new sofa or spending huge sums to a have it reupholstered, a slipcover can be used to freshen up the space immediately.