If you are looking for some quick tips to improve the appearance of your bedroom and to freshen up things a bit, check out these ideas for bedroom decor.
- Do you have a favorite quote? Or a beautiful phrase in a foreign language you have discovered? Or any other text that means something to you? Use paint and a stencil to write that text on your wall. It will serve as a constant reminder, especially during the times when you may be feeling down. There are also a number of ready-made decals on the market that you could also use on your bedroom walls.
- Gather a collection of pictures from the 10 most beautiful moments in your life to date. Create a collage and have it framed to hang on a focal wall in your room. If you do not have the skills, a friend who is a graphic designer may be able to help you to assemble the images. There are, however, a number of tools such as Adobe Photoshop and other image editors on the market that are great for working on such projects.
- Your ceiling does not have to be boring! Use reflective stickers to create an amazing roof that will glow in the dark. Use stars, moons and other elements to help you to create your own private indoor galaxy.
- Set the mood for relaxation and comfort in your room with the appropriate lighting. A dimmer is a great way to control the light in your bedroom, especially if you are not a fan of sleeping in the dark. An alternative to the dimmer is a bedside lamp that is of a lower wattage than your overhead light. This will allow you to switch when you need more or less light in the room.
- Invest in good storage. A nice chest of drawers or closet is worth every penny if you aren’t the neatest person. Large plastic containers are also great for helping with organization. These closed storage options will assist you in tucking away things that you simply do not have the time to organize.
Share some of your ideas for bedroom with us!