If you are unsatisfied with your your living room, there are lots of things you can do to change it. Living room decorating ideas provide a staring point for you to identify potential themes and design concepts that you would be interested in adding to your home.
Here are a few quick tips to get you started.
1. Skip the over-sized sectional.Yes, sectionals are gorgeous and often quite comfortable. If your living room space is limited, unless you plan to only have the sectional in the room, opt for a love seat and accent chairs instead. This will allow you to still have seating, but not at the cost of using up all your space.
2. Minimalist decor. Clean lines and simple designs work well for small spaces. Do not think that your living room needs to have every piece of furniture in the store to be modern and appealing.
3. Use the walls wisely. Anything that can be mounted on the wall should be mounted. Your television and floating shelves for displaying your treasures will save you a lot of floor space. Entertainment centers are bulky and require space that you already do not have.
4. Use as much glass as possible. A glass coffee table and large mirrors around the living room will help to open up the space and make it feel a lot more spacious.
5. Interesting colors. Avoid dark colors in a small living room. They cloud the space and make the room feel smaller than it really is.
Check out these living room decorating ideas you can implement in your home to make your space a lot more comfortable.