Kitchen table sets are among the most important pieces of furniture in the home. Table sets are available in the usual circular, square and rectangular designs, and a few other shapes here and there.
What are some of the things to consider when choosing your dining room set?
- Space – How much space do you have available for the dining table? You do not want to end up purchasing a dining table that cannot fit in the dining room. Also take into consideration the fact that the chairs will not always be under the table, so room must be left to accommodate that as well.
- Door size – Be sure to measure you doors and hallway sizes. The last thing you want is to take home a kitchen table set that cannot fit through your front door.
- Size of the family – Dinner will be no fun if persons are excluded from the dinner table. Be sure to purchase a table set with enough seating for all the immediate members of your family. If you plan on adding any members in the near future, be sure to take that into consideration as well.
- Cost – Are you looking for an expensive dining room set for formal occasions only? Or is the table intended for daily use by the family? By all means, go ahead and splurge on your formal dining room table set. If the table will be used daily, go for a table set that will be able to stand up to the wear and tear of daily use.
- Functionality – Outside of the common uses, do you need your table to offer more functionality? Consider a dining table with storage, or one that will expand to provide additional seating when necessary.
- Glass or wood? – Although glass tables are elegant and sophisticated, they may not be the best option if young children will be using the table as well. A wooden table eliminates the need for worrying about shards of glass in the event something falls on the table.
Which of these kitchen table sets from our gallery do you fancy?