Children’s bedroom furniture should meet certain criteria. Below is an outline of what to look for when purchasing bedroom furniture for children.
- Colorful. The furniture in a child’s bedroom should be colorful and cheerful. This is great for helping the child to explore his/her creativity.
- Safety. Above all, the furniture in a child’s room should be safe. Where possible, purchase furniture with rails and ladders to protect them from falling.
- Comfortable. Especially for children’s beds, you must ensure that the bed is padded well and comfortable for the child to rest at nights. Regardless of age, if children’s bedding is not comfortable, they will be tired and restless throughout the day.
- Durable. Children bedroom sets should be strong and solid. This will help to protect the children from being harmed as a result of furniture breaking or falling apart under pressure.
- Free of hazardous chemicals. Furniture is often made from materials that may have been treated with chemical compounds that are unsafe and can cause long term health-related problems. As a parent, you want to ensure that your child is protected from these harmful chemicals.
- Versatility and functionality. Especially if space is an issue, try to source kids bedroom furniture that is dual-purpose. Example, a bed with drawers or a closet-dresser combo will save on space and can be used for more than one thing.
- Age appropriate. You must ensure that the furniture chosen is appropriate for the child based on his or her age. Although some children tend to become attached to their bedroom furniture, it might not be a good idea to have your twelve year old child in a room where the decor is fitted for a baby. As the child grows, you need to ensure that the furniture and decor grows as well.
What are your thoughts on the children’s bedroom furniture sets we have collated below?