Studio Apartment Design Ideas
As rentals become increasingly expensive, finding large spaces to rent that are reasonably priced are a thing of the past. Studio apartments, especially in the large cities, are very common and are usually affordable. Many renters have stayed away from studio apartments in the past, because of the difficulty in finding studio apartment design ideas that are ideal.
Decorating studio apartments require smart use of space. Given the limited space available, large pieces of furniture may not be suitable. If you choose to go the route of large pieces, ensure that they are multi-purpose furniture. A sofa bed will double as seating in the day and a place to sleep in the night. Folding tables and chairs are a great option for studio apartments. When not in use, they can be folded and stored in a corner, or under large pieces of furniture.
Here are 10 interesting items from around the web that you can use in your studio apartment:
1. A toilet paper holder that also doubles as a magazine holder.
2. A vertical wine rack mounted on the wall, instead of one that will take up your counter space.
3. An over-the-fridge snack caddy.
4. Corner dish rack to maximize space on your kitchen counter.
5. An over-the-faucet shelf for toiletries in the bathroom.
6. A ceiling-hung garment rack.
7. A storage ottoman.
8. Nesting tables.
9. Over-the-sink cutting board.
10. Nesting bowls with measuring cups.
For window treatments, stay away from bulky, dark curtains and drapes. The more light you allow to enter the apartment, the more comfortable the space will feel.
What studio apartment ideas are you thinking of implementing? Feel free to share them with us!